ADVERTISEMENT

Syracuse v. Georgia Tech 11/18/23 Game Thread

Feb 7, 2023
Thoughts?

Nervous Sponge Bob GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Who's excited for another year of excuses why Dino is actually the best this program can do and we should be happy to have him?

Reactions: Steve Auger
I liked Dino as a person and wish him well but this is a results driven business. 41-55 isn’t going to cut it. He was brought in to run the air raid offense and instead we are resorting to run the triple option.

They need to keep Campanile in my opinion. Guy knows how to recruit NJ.

I liked Dino as a person and wish him well but this is a results driven business. 41-55 isn’t going to cut it. He was brought in to run the air raid offense and instead we are resorting to run the triple option.

They need to keep Campanile in my opinion. Guy knows how to recruit NJ.
Any SU coach needs to recruit NJ well. Campanile family is NJ football royalty. Smart move is to keep him.

Reactions: Rsears14
I guess they were serious about making a move because they couldn’t risk letting Babers stick around to beat Wake (dropped 7 of 8, averaging 14 points/game, maxed out at 21 in that span) and get bowl eligible.

I think Deion Sanders’ decision to take play calling duties away from Sean Lewis might help them bring back Dino’s original offensive coordinator as head coach. At the same time, it’s not a great look to hire him because it says, "we kept the wrong guy."

At a certain point, personnel usage was going to tip off play calling in the GT game. Redshirt freshman third-string QB Braden Davis played a bunch of the first half at wide receiver and caught two passes in the first half... to set up the double pass they ran (incomplete, penalty). Having Villari take snaps at least gave the threat of run or pass.

Playing Braden at quarterback (Del Rio-Wilson is also injured from the end of the BC game) with this line's issues prior to the simplified offense is a scheme certainly not without its drawbacks and using him at quarterback would have likely been a playcalling tell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT