ADVERTISEMENT

Syracuse v. Duke 2/18/23 Game Thread

Thoughts/predictions?
I was just thinking that this Kyle kid should match up well with Jesse. I have this feeling Judah is going to do his thing, but I know the Duke game gets Joe all fired up. I think he plays big and scores big, and he will probably stretch that defense out and of course, Jesse needs to get Kyle Flipa whatever in foul trouble early and we got this!

Coaches spend so much time trying to figure out our zone. Primary focus should be on playing defense against us i/m/o. We don't run an offense and are so soft inside. So easy to push JB's guys around.

Reactions: 900 Irving Ave
Coaches spend so much time trying to figure out our zone. Primary focus should be on playing defense against us i/m/o. We don't run an offense and are so soft inside. So easy to push JB's guys around.
Agree 100%. Jesse got bodied around all night and everyone seemed to stand still when he was double-teamed. Also absolutely no help from the wings.

Could’ve used Patterson Saturday night. Duke’s bigs pushed SU’s around. Filipowski is obviously a one and done. A very depressing game to watch. Other than Judah and Joe, SU had nothing offensively. Jesse’s failure to realize they were doubling down until after he’d turned the ball over was maddening. SU got nothing from their forwards. Both Benny and Bell were tremendous disappointments and I suspect at least one leaves via the portal.

Smart money would be on Benny leaving considering he got dropped from the starting lineup. I feel bad it hasn't worked out, but the coaching staff isn't getting through to him to play like a power forward and not a shooting guard...

Smart money would be on Benny leaving considering he got dropped from the starting lineup. I feel bad it hasn't worked out, but the coaching staff isn't getting through to him to play like a power forward and not a shooting guard...
I agree on Williams being more likely to depart than Bell. He got seven minutes in his last start, missed a game, and is averaging 10.5 minutes over four games since. There is writing on the wall for everyone to see.

I don't understand any anxiety around Bell, on the other hand. He has started every game, so he is absolutely getting opportunities. When he doesn't take advantage of them, he gets lifted. And, he still starts every game. The two games prior to Duke, he averaged 34 minutes per game while shooting 2-15 from three, which is supposed to be his greatest strength. He has nothing to be upset about.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT