ADVERTISEMENT

Syracuse v. FSU 10/14/23 Game Thread

Feb 7, 2023
Thoughts and predictions?

usa_today_13573693.0.jpg

34-13, FSU, but it is a huge plus if SU can get through it in good health to set up a strong finishing kick (not sitting guys to achieve this, by the way). There are a lot of opportunities to do very good things still in front of this team.

Read your article on the rest of the season Jim. Seems like the level of competitive really works in Syracuse's favor after Saturday.

Oh, and 42-14 Florida State. Seems like Syracuse is kind of demoralized at the moment and needs that bye.

I only got one lousy powerful number right! How many did you get??!

I always appreciate your optimism Craig! I think SU loses but hopefully the last one for a while. 31-13 ‘Noles.
I will see your score and raise you 11. FSU, 42-13. Then, queue all the armchair morons in the blogoverse, "see, Syracuse is collapsing again! They lost 3 in a row!! Fire Dino! Reeeeeeeeee!!!!!"

Losses to Clemson, UNC and FSU...clearly the dregs of the ACC!!!

8 years of Dino and yet again, the defense is the only elite part of this team, and the offense is woefully unprepared to play against even the slightest quality teams. Dino needs to go.

Reactions: 900 Irving Ave
I hope it is not true.

I was hoping SU would hire Meyer from Bowling Green after the 2004 season. Utah hired him well before SU's bowl disaster and subsequent firing of Pasqualoni.

Now, the hardest of passes. Just a repugnant person.

I hope it is not true.

I was hoping SU would hire Meyer from Bowling Green after the 2004 season. Utah hired him well before SU's bowl disaster and subsequent firing of Pasqualoni.

Now, the hardest of passes. Just a repugnant person.
Beyond all the publicly known stuff, I've got a friend that worked with him at Utah and confirmed he's just as awful inside the building as he seems.

Reactions: 900 Irving Ave
To continue on Meyer...

Why would he come to Syracuse?

He has an extremely cushy job that combines a massive salary, high visibility in the sport, association with programs well above Syracuse's class (in both on-field product and off-field finances) as part of that visibility, and the gradual rehabilitation of his image simply by the passage of time spent in the public sphere.

Why would Syracuse hire him?

He would cost eight figures annually and would be here about two years to polish off his image rehab before a program that can consistently win at a high level would come calling. His last two jobs in college involved a remarkably long list of character "issues", to be extremely generous, at both the player and coach levels.

The only reason I can fathom for the university to hire him would be to finance an extremely expensive something for the football program where they are essentially being blackmailed into the hiring by the donor in a "quid pro quo" agreement. And I don't know that anything would be worth that, although I'm sure the PR spin would be a sight to behold with how poorly those are normally handled.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT