ADVERTISEMENT

Boeheim's "Tremendous Change" rumors

S.Brown44

Draft Pick
Gold Member
Feb 18, 2014
Ok, I have been reading from some other "recruiting" websites and there is a lot of speculation going around about what the "tremendous change" Coach Boeheim is hinting too. One service in particular really made me mad with an article they put out.

From what I have asked the players and from the feel I get when they answer my questions about next season, here is my feeling.

Ron Patterson - He could be a consideration for a transfer. From the ONE time I talked with him, he just didn't seem happy with his role on the team and really didn't seem like he wanted to be there. His minutes were limited in the last 5 games of the year, especially with BJ taking some minutes (and a start), and he was lost as a member of this team. What is going to happen when this top 5 recruiting class comes in?

BJ Johnson - He flat out told me that he was not going to transfer. So unless he is "persuaded" by certain people, I would expect him back next season. In talking with him, he seemed more focused on what he could do to become better for next year and talked about the goals of this Syracuse team. Typically not conversation for someone thinking about NOT being at Syracuse next season.

Kaleb Joseph - If Dion Waiters didn't transfer, Kaleb wont either. Although he didn't clearly say it, but I never asked, he too was someone who seemed focused on what they could do in the off season to improve and make the Syracuse team better.

Michael Gbinije - He LOVES his role with Syracuse and constantly says that he thinks he has only scratched the surface of his ability, why would he want to leave now? He is not on any draft board, no one is talking about him in the NBA, he isn't Paul Harris. He comes back, starts next season, scores 15+ per game...

Trevor Cooney - Another player who doesn't seem like he has a foot out of the door.

Coach Boeheim - Nope. He will be around for another 3 seasons. He wants 1k wins and another run at a National Championship. I think one of the biggest changes we will see next year will be his coaching. I think he comes back and just wins. Seeing the success Coach K has had now that Syracuse is in the ACC and being swept this year, I think he has a new drive.

Darkhorse: No one is talking about Chino Obokoh. I think he could be a candidate to leave, sort of like the Shawn Williams or the DaShonte Riley eras at Syracuse. I always thought Chino was a ploy to get Thomas Bryant to Syracuse. How ironic would it be if it were Chino leaving to make room for Bryant?

Joseph, Gbinije, Cooney, Coleman, McCullough, Johnson, Roberson, Lydon, Richardson, Howard, Diagne, *Bryant. Is that a loaded team or what??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News