ADVERTISEMENT

Mary Kline Classic Observations

elclarkey

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2008
Just wanted to share my observations from the Mary Kline Classic today in regards to players with interest in Syracuse. For those of you who are near and haven't been, it's a great event for a great cause and you should try to check it out next year.

Franklin Howard - Started the game slow, but came on in the second half. Seems like a quiet kid, but a real team player. Played more like a PG than a SG, has some range, but was impressed that he was a pass-first player (especially in an all star game). Long player will provide good length at the top of the zone.

Chris McCullough - Long, lanky, runs the floor well and has great handle for a guy his size. Seems to always be near the rim on offense and has potential to be a good offensive rebounder.

Moustapha Diagne - Strong and active. To me, he looked like the physically strongest kid on the floor. Big guys usually tend to float around at times, but Diagne gets up and down the floor very well and doesn't quit. Shook his hand after he announced, they were twice as big as mine. LOL.

Derrick Jones - Human highlight reel. This kid was unbelievable. His first step is so explosive and he finishes with thunder. He also has a quick step away move that he used to create space for a mid-range jumper. Seemed like a bit of a gunner, but not sure if this is the case, or just because it was an all-star game.

Tyus Battle - What impressed me most about him was his hustle. He plays hard and is not afraid to slash to the hoop and challenge bigger players.

Kassoum Yakwe - Tall, lanky kid, with ideal length for zone. Athletic, but seemed a bit timid inside. Could stand to put on some weight.

CameraZOOM-20140531195734277_zpsac977871.jpg
Moustapha Diagne - less than 5 min after committing to Cuse

CameraZOOM-20140531193951760_zpsd22ab1c4.jpg
Franklin Howard

CameraZOOM-20140531204423850_zpsaf23aaca.jpg

Remember this guy, he burned Cuse for Kentucky two years ago. Nerlens Noel.

I got some other great pics with Dakari Johnson, Mustpha Herron (Pitt commit), and Derrick Jones.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News