ADVERTISEMENT

Jesse Edwards to the transfer portal

I wonder if there is any tie to this and Kent’s decision to chase off Adam Weitsman. It’s important to remember that Weitsman uses a lawyer knowledgeable in NIL issues before he makes a move. Seems like an incredibly bad decision by Syverud unless he’s privy to negative information about Weitsman. I’m aware he’s been to Federal prison but that doesn’t mean he’s doing something wrong now. But, SU has no real NIL clout with Weitsman gone. Maybe Kent prefers mediocrity.

I wonder if there is any tie to this and Kent’s decision to chase off Adam Weitsman. It’s important to remember that Weitsman uses a lawyer knowledgeable in NIL issues before he makes a move. Seems like an incredibly bad decision by Syverud unless he’s privy to negative information about Weitsman. I’m aware he’s been to Federal prison but that doesn’t mean he’s doing something wrong now. But, SU has no real NIL clout with Weitsman gone. Maybe Kent prefers mediocrity.
In regards to Jesse?

We've only heard one side of the story so far,. I would tend to agree with you, Ed, that Syverud didn't just chase him off because he doesn't know how to handle NIL. There's more than meets the eye here, IMO.

Reactions: apb23
Jesse’s F-1 immigration status could also play a factor here. Maybe legal hoops had to be jumped through for NIL money

Reporting from Donna Ditota says that because of his student Visa status, he couldn't make money in the US through NIL. They were trying to work out an international deal with him, but the deal wasn't coming together and he decided to leave.

Reactions: apb23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT