ADVERTISEMENT

That was....encouraging?

mattybumpo

Guru
Nov 18, 2008
All things considered I don't see how you take anything but basic positives away from that one. They were competitive. Sure, a lot of points left out there and a few mistakes (at least two of INTs and 2 dropped INTs). But generally encouraging.

-Have to admit our defense isn't good. Good teams are just going to carve them up. Raymon back helps a lot IMO and they need Crume badly. But our DBs are generally bad (Eskridge aside) and our LBs aren't great in coverage. So we aren't going to do anything against anyone particularly good.
-Baffling decision to go on 4th down at the end of the first half for me. You take the points. Go in to half 24-9, get the ball back and score and make it 24-16. I really hated that call and I think Shafer's general clock management/situational risk assessments concern me.
-A few questionable calls but overall I thought Lester called a good game. I think there were MAYBE two WR screens? Thank goodness.
-Stating the obvious perhaps but AJ Long is very intriguing. He did a nice job for sure. Couple bad INTs but getting trotted out against FSU with all that's going on...he did well and I'm excited.
-Ishmael can play. I think Lester can get him in position to make plays. Get Estime and Broyld back healthy and we could score some points.
-Offensive line was really good. Just seemed much more in sync. I think the simplified packages and focus, as well as snap counts, set them up for success.
-Nice use of Philips. Gulley and AAM looked good. Please stop playing Morris. He goes down if someone looks at him and that dropped swing pass was a killer. Very disappointed in that kid.
-Is the kicking game stabilized? Norton MUST be done. Dixon is a great punter.
-I really believe McDonald was a big problem and dramatically over his head. I really think SU can move forward from here. Too bad we squandered a few this year first....Any prowess heat or may not have recruiting is negated by Ws taken off the board with him calling the offense. I'm optimistic about Lester and I doubt I'm alone in that.

Not sure anyone is left here but I'm encouraged.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News