ADVERTISEMENT

Syracuse v. Wake Forest 3/4/23 Game Thread

Jim Stechschulte

Staff
Feb 3, 2023
To stay above the #10 seed and not play on Tuesday, SU (currently #9) needs to either beat Wake or have BC lose to Georgia Tech. As best I can tell, they will either play Wake again or North Carolina if they do. If SU and BC both win, it is possible they play in the 8-9 game, but I don't know how the tiebreakers will work out for BC and Wake in that situation.

Reactions: 900 Irving Ave
Bottom line, we need to win today or there is zero postseason. Just get a damn win can we? We were playing so well mid way through the season and it seems something has changed. Get your heads out of your asses, beat this team at home and then go win one in the ACC tourney!

Georgia Tech is a Q4 loss. I think at least two wins in the ACC Tourney plus this WF game to be in the NIT conversation.

BC just lost, so Syracuse is locked into the 8/9 game at noon Eastern on Wednesday. They'll play either Wake or North Carolina with it definitely being as the 8-seed against Wake if they win this evening or the 9 if they lose.

I’m hoping SU can get momentum from this win. Wake will adjust. Hopefully SU does too. The jersey retirement ceremony was great, and probably the best I’ve felt about SU men’s hoops since the 2021 tournament. JB’s post game comments have to be addressed though: sorry Jim it’s a majority of the fan base at this time. There’s still likely a massive rebuild of the team in the offing. Anyone think Benny is staying? I’d read somewhere Jesse won’t use his Covid year and JBA isn’t returning, though in fairness he wasn’t much of a factor at SU. People were there, but face it a 25 win SU team has 30,000 plus in attendance along with more than (allegedly) 7300 for GT. Way to ruin the good feelings Jim.

I doubt Jesse/Joe/Symir are going to use their COVID year of eligibility. I would run, not walk out of the door if I were Jesse. And I could see one or both of Bell/Taylor leaving given the inconsistent minutes and doghouse treatment each received at various points in the year.

Bottom line is, whoever is the next head coach will need to hit the portal hard this offseason. Just hope they can do the same job that Pitt did this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT