ADVERTISEMENT

Fran Brown

I’m kinda ecstatic. He obviously crushed the interview and can sell himself. Important part of a championship team and as a position coach I’m not sure he’s so set in any “defensive” ways. Wildhack seemed to have prioritized NE roots over OC/DC and HC experience. Building a pipeline for the best NJ recruits should be massive.

I’m kinda ecstatic. He obviously crushed the interview and can sell himself. Important part of a championship team and as a position coach I’m not sure he’s so set in any “defensive” ways. Wildhack seemed to have prioritized NE roots over OC/DC and HC experience. Building a pipeline for the best NJ recruits should be massive.
Not a done deal until the ink dries, but I have to agree here. You can always hire really good coordinators to take care of the Xs and Os. It's a rare talent to be able to recruit and to build those relationships with all of the high schools.

Reactions: eszombek
Source tells me that two ace recruiters would also join Brown who are highly familiar with the northeast if Brown were named head coach. There's a lot of risk—and reward—for making this kind of move.

If it is Brown, this is a different direction than the last several hires. Robinson was a recommendation from a top college coach who was connected to the then-AD, Marrone was an alum, Shafer was continuity in a rough spot to enter the hiring cycle, and Babers was a rising head coach with success at FCS and G5 levels.

This would be a commitment toward recruiting, which would hopefully have a lasting residual effect if things go well and Brown were to move on, at least for a little while.

Reactions: Steve Auger
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT